Tuesday, February 27, 2007

a message from the past

i opened my laptop this morning and was greeted by a message saying "I HATE PEOPLE "

I have a notebook laptop (thanks bro) and this note was a handwritten message from august 12...must have been a rough night...that for some reason popped up to remind me that, yes, i am sometimes a cynical judgemental creature of sorts. but why today?

well, in opposition to my post from the past, i have discovered something pleasant in someone very unsuspecting. we all know actress jena malone from blockbuster hits such as stepmom and saved, but now she's breaking into the music industry. now, ususally i scoff and scorn celebrities just trying to make money in every field, and not giving a damn about art and integrity, but i've been listening to her music (courtesy of pitchforkmedia.com) and am very intrigued. the quality of her voice is unexpected with a quivering, melancholy feel to it. and if you read my last post and know anything of bright eyes, that's right up my alley:)

she's performing at mercury lounge on the 6th and i think i just might go and check her out.
i'd put her song in here, but i don't know how to do that. can anyone tell me how??

No comments: